An experienced competitive cyclist, our hotel manager Leo has clearly handed down his passion for mountainbiking to his son Chris, because Chris is meanwhile a certified cycling and freeride guide. He knows all the best routes, including downhill and single trails – and many tours start right at our hotel’s front door. Offering everything from a well-equipped bike garage and equipment rentals to the hotel’s own pump track, Landhotel Schütterbad has become a popular holiday destination, not only for well-trained cyclists, but also for lovers of occasional cycling excursions – and this also applies to the growing community of E-bikers.
© Photo: Wolfgang Watzke
Mountainbike for all levels
The Landhotel Schütterbad is located right on the Tauern and Mozartradweg trails. We look forward to welcoming you for a stop-off en route.
If you fancy a weekend or week trip, the state of Salzburg has plenty of tours of all difficulty ratings which are sure to impress beginners and sporty cyclists alike. All tours start and end right by the hotel.
Bike hire, repairs, bike garage, washing area, help with planning routes (We are all enthusiastic cyclists ourselves at the Schütterbad so you’ve come to the right place.) tour map, packed lunches.
Biken in Saalachtal
Schütterbad bike plus
- Different courses
- e mountain bikes for hire
- tested bike guides (Leo and Chris)
- Professional mountain biking school with practice course and cycling technique training
- trained mountainbike- and downhillguide
- helmets, bikes, tools and locks are rentable for free
- laundry service for your bike clothes
- personal tour- & weatherinformation
- bike tours from the hotel for free
- work on your bike skills with our guide
- free wifi
- shower possibilites also on your day of departure
- free use of the following pools: Steinbergbad Lofer and Alpenbad Unken
- free entry to the Saalachtaler natural wonders Vorderkaserklamm (gorge) with the orchid trail and Seisenbergklamm (gorge) with the information trail
- as well as the use of the "Almbahn I" and "Almbahn II" of the Almenwelt Lofer.